Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wheels

Hyundai Starex
New family hauler! Pretty awesome thing, had it since end of October! Bro got a new Saga too, which I promptly "broke-in" for him :D

Mercedes Benz V230
Finally shot more pics of the V230, cause I never cared much for it in the first place, other than a very memorable trip to numerous spots in Thailand last year. It's been placed for sale, haha, well, I hope you go to a good owner, not that hard considering you're more than mint anyway, and thanks for being my spare car for quite a while but I doubt I'm gonna miss ya!

Citroen Xantia
Over the past few months, the Xantia has had it's aircon fixed nicely, got a new cylinder head, new paint, seats refurbished, and even new mats!

Citroen Xantia
I can't believe I've been driving my favourite car since 2004 and never had a proper pic taken with it! Here's one finally, sadly, also the last I guess. It's been a swell 5 years with my Xantia, it wasn't always a good run but the car has been with me through a lot. It definitely impressed a lot of people with its style, space, comfort and even shocked more with its cornering prowess. My friends are definitely gonna miss it too. I hope you get a caring new owner and can continue to smoke others on the road. Maybe we'll meet again someday. Maybe you're gonna smoke me, but I'm probably gonna smoke you. I'm gonna miss you, please don't wreck or burn yourself till then 2013. I'll always remember you fondly.

9 comments:

Vince said...

So finally selling your car....

Are you going some where for 3 years? Studying abroad?

leong soon said...

Haha yea, super sad :( Nope, not going anywhere yet, why the question haha?

kev said...

what car are you getting, another citroen perhaps? heheh

so u replaced the tri-star with a black crab? now thats angry

leong soon said...

Haha, all the cars I wanna buy, are hard to find, but they are mostly more than a decade old and not very common to begin with :p C5 is awesome, I still can't keep my eyes off a very nice red one I come across frequently :)

The Starex's pretty good, most of the new Hyundais are actually, especially in terms of safety and performance. I wouldn't give a hoot about them 3 years ago, but these days I wouldn't mind one myself since I think they're on par with most Japanese cars, let's just hope they're as reliable too!

kev said...

most korean cars are getting better. its the japanese cars becoming suckier and losing their spirit. look at toyota, being all so daft. its becoming very american and profit centered. lack of innovation makes it going to be the next american dinosaur if u ask me

anyways, this might tickle your fancy

http://www.mudah.my/Citroen-C5-2.4-A-4712727.htm

kev said...

or for vintage level, you might be fascinated with this frenchie

http://www.mudah.my/Peugeot-504-4671084.htm

its the Peugeot 504 Break

leong soon said...

Japanese cars I like are almost all about 40 years old now, I do like the new Mazdas though, new Honda City is nice too, Bangle butt and all!

Meh, for that price I'll get a Citroen XM, but the old French car I'd really like now is a Renault Dauphine, awfully cute car!

Next car will probably be Japanese or Italian!

And old :D

Dylan said...

Dear Leong Soon,
I called Mr Foong upon seeing the Xantia advertised in Mudah.my and had since been going back to the page everyday to stare at that car. When I found your Blog by accident, I was surprised it is the same car!

I am actually planning to view your car on Monday. So many choices when it comes to Xantia (my dream car for a very long time!!!) so I'll probably have a hard time choosing my magic carpet.

If you see this, you can email me at dktuning @ live (dot) com or get my contacts at DKTUNING.com

leong soon said...

Haha, thanks for the interest Dylan, but I'm sorry that you're just a teeny bit late; the Xantia has been sold last week.

Rating