Sunday, May 3, 2009

Saturday: Not-so-late night Edition, Bro's Birthday!

Wee, more pictures to post!
Photobucket

Bros birthday won't be here until the 6th, but since he'll be back off at college then, we celebrated earlier. We wanted to try out Brewster's, but it was packed, and I noticed all the patrons are smiling as they chew the food, must be good :D

Anyway, dinner was at Miner's Arms; a pretty spacious tavern/pub/restaurant in Old Town that Mon & Dad haven't been too in more than a decade. It feels pretty rustic inside, and there's a lot of that old school pseudo-Western-industrialist charm to it, whatever that means, I can't even figure out what I'm trying to say :p, probably because it hasn't been renovated since the last time Mom & Dad went. It's not a bad thing though; the red tartan tablecloth, red velvety seats, wooden furniture, and black-brown cement beams with faux-wood all look dated, stepping into the place feels like stepping back into the 80s if not for the Astro football broadcast on a silver modern TV. Even the tiles in the washroom are the same as the ones in our bedroom back at the old home, haha, not the kinda place I'd expect or like to remind me of my old home though, the toilet :p

The place surely holds a lot of nostalgia for white-collar workers employed at the many law or accounting firms in the vicinity. They must have used to frequent the establishment when Old Town was still kind of a commerce centre for Ipoh, I can imagine. Oh, how was food? Sizziling Tenderloin, and Fillet Steak's great, the fries are good too. Sirloin Steak, regular or with Green Pepper, is ok, but for the price, Bro and me will take two at Scotch for better flavour and bigger portions ^^


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
New couches delivered on Friday! I was egging Dad about buying furniture a few days before we were bound for KL and so IKEA, but, hm, I must admit these are pretty comfy. For the record I've managed to fall asleep on em 3 times in an hour, while watching TV ^^ So yea, if I'm not out or online, chances are I'm snoring like a pig in the living room *oink* *snort snort*

No comments:

Rating