Friday, April 24, 2009

Watches!

Just got my Seiko Chronograph back and realised I never took any pics of my watches, and thanks to my recent ability to NOT procrastinate anymore, I set off to do so immediately!

This is not everything; I still have watches from my primary school days in my collection, I just messed with the ones currently not hidden in some random drawer :)

Photobucket
Casio Edifice. I wore this during my Senior days, reaching back to even my Junior 3 days, that's 9 years ago! I had the batteries replaced a few weeks back when my usual watch ran into problems, and wore it for a few days, but I think it looks too small on my wrist now :p Unfortunately, it's an electronic watch after all, and even though the casing and bracelet is in excellent condition, the illumination doesn't work anymore, and the minutes display is kinda cuckoo sometimes :p

Photobucket
Timex Expedition, probably one of my least-used watch, no thanks to metalic items in my pockets doing funky things to the compass ^^ This has been with me for, hm, since 2003, hehe.

Photobucket
Seiko 5. Not mine; I bought it for Grandma a few weeks back :D I've always liked it since I saw Bou and Uncle Leong wearing one each; it's kinda like the Z33 Z and S15 Silvia to me: I think it's pretty, but not my cup of tea. Anyway, it's a super worthwhile buy because for RM230 it is an automatic, and it also comes with Day & Date display!

Photobucket
Yep, automatic! Not beautiful, but purposeful! I'm happy to see Grandma wearing it a lot, more than her last watch anyway, hope she really likes it :)

Photobucket
Timex Indiglo. Woot, I last wore this piece in Senior 2 I think! Back then, this was the first non-digital watch I've wore after a long time going digital with my Casio Databank, Forester, and Edifice, so when a classmate asked me for the time the first day I wore it, it took me a long time to be able to read the time! Thinking back, that moment still makes me feel stupid :p I'm surprised, but it's still running even now though the illumination doesn't work anymore too. An Indiglo with non-functional Indiglo, hm... Anyway, since I deemed the Edifice too small-looking, and another Caterpillar too scratched, I've been wearing this piece for the past few weeks while my usual watch is away. Pic doesn't do this piece justice, the watch looks 30x better in real life!

Photobucket
Hehe, and finally, my usual watch, this Seiko Chronograph i got from Dad on my birthday in 2004. I love it so much and it's absurd how I've spent RM200+ fixing what cost only RM500+ brand new. Siaoness typical of me anyway, could have gotten another Seiko 5 with the money ^^ I just got it back with it's 2nd new glass case today because installation of the first one was botched. Came back to me 2 weeks ago after a mechanical and glass case replacement with dust and fingerprints inside, and a glass case that is unevenly-fitted. As if that wasn't bad enough, moisture got in soon after too. Obviously I was dissatisfied; bollocks to feasibility regarding cost of postage and repairs, or even what the old watch is worth at all now. I want it looking mint and nice, and sent it back again. Well, it's back today, free of charge, and with a different, better-looking protruding glass (the original and first replacement was flat). It's also surprising how I used to polish my old watches every week, but never polished this one in the nearly 5 years I've owned it, so I spent 2 hours Autosol-ing the hell out of it and it looks very shiny now! Satisfaction ^^v

No comments:

Rating