Thursday, February 19, 2009

Two changes to my car

1. I finally threw out the stock music player and got a Pioneer unit installed, now I can just copy music into a thumbdrive, stick it in, and play!! Yay, no more hassle of burning CDs!! The old CD changer magazine is still in the boot though, so I'll have to take that out later. Anyway, it's pretty cool to finally be able to select tunes I like one the player again; the last CD player's kinda dead, only being able to play ONE SINGLE CD from the entire 12 in the magazine, sai lei dou.

2. Body mod! I installed a full puppy-powah-super-lala-ultra-batman bodykit on my car!!!! And I'm gonna paint my car Hot Pink next week!!!

Just jesting, I made my sister promise she'll learn how to drive a lorry and run me down with it if I ever did something like that.

Anyway, I was in the right lane. Lorry in center lane. Lorry turns right. Sohai (me) in right lane got sideswapped. YAY! Sounds like deja vu no? Fark, and it hasn't even been THAT long. Good thing I haven't repainted the car, so, smoothen out the fender, swap in a new signal lamp and I'm good to go. Paint is farked at the bumper but so is it on the roof, the doors, the fenders, the spoiler, hell, everywhere, it's not like more scratches are gonna make any difference, so I let the lorry driver off with just compensation for fender work and a new signal. Sounds very kind of me hor? I figured it was probably my fault trying to slip through beside the lorry too fast, and I'm lucky to get compensated at all. I'm feeling at fault, just a little :p


Oh, btw, I watched Andy Lau's "Look for a Star" with Yen last night, and while it was a pretty unrealistically fun movie, I still find Shu Qi annoying. I wish they'd put Ella Koon in the lead role instead, and wow, Macau looks really nice and charming huh, I wouldn't mind visiting now :)

7 comments:

Vince said...

Let me guess DEH3050UB? It was at offer price right?
Lucky that you are ok, cars can be fixed and replaced.
Now days there is so much idiots on wheel, i was rear ended on Tuesday and the fella did not pay. Let him off with a warning because he is an old Malay uncle near the place where i worked, i do not want any trouble with the locals here. Gonna get it fixed this Saturday if no need to go back to Factory.

Ivan said...

WHAT ?? paint to HOT PINK !? i think its a joke rite ? XD ...i dont think my grandpa will drive on a pinky colour car though XD .... about the Lorry case -___- you're really kind enough hor =s claim for only the new signal and fender -_-" anyway duno what to comment on you .....as you wont drive as slow as like me though XD Safety first =D ...

Last ... didnt watch the movie... but recently i watched The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button, quite nice =)

leong soon said...

Vince:
Yep, that's it! It was on offer? Hm, not sure, I paid just a bit over 500 including installation, probably not be the best deal in town, but I'm happy with it, plus it hasn't got too many features, which is perfect for lazy people like me :P

Ivan:
Just joking lar! Haha, I've yet to receive money from the uncle, he told me to meet him tomorrow, so we'll see. Benjamin Button? I've read about it months ago, very interested, so I'll definitely catch that one!

Vince said...

I got is at RM525 (with installation) at One Stop Ipoh.... I think you get the same.

At least the uncle pays for it. Not like my case. He came yelling and barking all the way out from his kenari. He ask me to pay for his damage. I waited will he stop.

Then i told him, "Sekarang pak cik sudah langgar belakang, itu sudah salah. Mau report polis?" the fella make dumb face. Then i say to him, "Sekarang mau macam mana settle? Berapa mau bayar?". Then he say don't want to make police report and he settle his car and i settle my car. So i just let him go lar.... my car easy to ID. Later all scratched, more expensive to repair lor. Somemore he quite old liow, so give face little bit la.

leong soon said...

Looks like I got a better deal, RM5 off your price ^^

LOL, anyway, you're pretty kind, I guess I'd have squeezed at least a hundred bucks from him for being so cocky. Either that or I'll report him and he'll have to pay the compound.

Not that my car isn't hard to ID (it's the only metallic black one with leather seats and spoiler and dark rear lamps I've seen anyway) but I wouldn't worry too much about loud barkers :D

Vince said...

Do they pack in an original PNY Micro Attache 1Gb too? Anyway good bargain ya? Before it was discounted, the price is near 700.

leong soon said...

Hehe, mine's an 1GB A-Data PD15, kinda like yours. I'd initially wanted a player with the USB cable coming outta the back of the player, but they didn't have the 4050 in stock, and the player's kinda recessed into my car's dashboard anyway, and accidentally snapping the thumbdrive off will be quite difficult, so I just went with it. I've also gotten rid of the old CD changer magazine in the boot, so my car's probably, I dunno, 1 kg lighter? LOL.

I got rid of my old player cuz it will only play Point Blanc's CD, nothing else, wtf rite? USB players are cool though, sure beats burning CDs :D Btw, I've finally gotten off my lazy ass and added your link to my blogroll, cheers :)

Rating