Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hot Wheels 1/24 Speed Racer Mach 5

Picked this up last night!
Photobucket
MachGoGoGo!!!!!

Photobucket
The Mach 5 is too classy and aggressive for words! I love every part of the design; it looks fast even when it's stationary! Long overhangs have never been this sexy!!!

Photobucket
Tapered tail to match the sharp nose, very slippery looking profile, tailfins are hot too!

Photobucket
Spinners! No, not those lame spinner hubcaps on lala cars, but spinner lock nuts most common on sportier cars from 4-6 decades ago, classy!

Photobucket
Cockpit looks inviting..

Photobucket
It's a pity the cockpit doesn't have the trademark Speed Racer steering wheel with gadget buttons, but otherwise it looks pretty good! I wish they'd at least included the pedals for it too though.

Photobucket
Ooooooohhhh...

Photobucket
For such an affordable model, Hot Wheels sure did a good job with the proportions and details!

Photobucket
Even the finish is great; the paint is almost flawless, the surfaces are all smooth and pristine!

OK, now that I've got the movie version, I need to get hold of the Jada Toys original anime version, and hm, maybe I will pick up a Mach 6 too! Done showing off! I'm gonna go molest the tailfins off of my Mach 5 model now, oooh, so beautiful :D

No comments:

Rating