Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hot Wheels 1/24 Mach 5 & Mach 6

Saturdays are for non-productivity, and it doesn't count unless you get to spend it doing something completely pointless, so here are the pics of the Mach 5 & Mach 6!!

Photobucket
Mach 5 and Mach 6! I wish they'll make Mach 4 in this scale too! It's kinda like a Mach 6 with the Mach 5's front, and it's red, pretty interesting combination to say the least!

Photobucket
Can't find any pictures of the Mach 4, but Mach 6 butt, body and Mach 5 face, should be easy enough to imagine :p

Photobucket
Everytime I look at the Mach 6, I can't help but think of spiders, maybe it's those 6 headlamps, or maybe it's the claw-like front, or maybe because it looks evil and I think spiders are evil...

Photobucket
I absolutely love how the wheel braces are all M-shaped. The red Ms were a dark grey in the movie, not that it bothers me, I actually like them better in red, the shiny turbine-like wheels are cool too! Anyway, notice how the M-shaped wheel braces are shaped like spiders too, with their spindly evil legs? :p

Photobucket
Yes, the cockpit can open!

Inside the cockpit..
Photobucket
Nothing much, I'm a bit disappointed Hot Wheels didn't put in that nice shift stick and those pedals, would have made the model so much nicer, and the fact that you can see the floor from the cockpit at a certain angle is lame. Very lame. I wish they'd at least moulded those Sparco harnesses into the seats too.

Photobucket
Stingray VS Arachnid!

Photobucket
Butts.

Photobucket
The Mach 6 actually has a much longer wheelbase, but it's also a bit higher, making it appear less sleek compared to the smooth Mach 5. They didn't get the Mach 6's ride height correct too, so it also appears clumsier. Overall, I think Hot Wheels didn't put as much effort in getting the Mach 6 right as they did with the Mach 5, which is almost perfect.

Photobucket
A more interesting view of the butts ^^ From this angle, the Mach 6 reminds me of the 1989 Tim Burton version Batmobile, which happens to be my favourite Batmobile of all times!

Oh btw, I just noticed something when Sis was holding the Mach 6 a few days earlier; at a certain angle, the Mach 6 also actually looks like:
Photobucket
A face. With a somewhat horrible expression.

Photobucket
See? Told ya the car is actually evil :D

2 comments:

Russ said...

cool cars and nice close up shots... what camera did u use??

leong soon said...

Hehe, it's the Fujifilm S5600 I keep complaining about. It's actually pretty decent as long as the lighting's good, so I whored the Macro function out :D

Rating