Saturday, April 5, 2008

Rally equipment from the 80s

Dad went treasure hunting at his old store house, and loaded the W116 with some old junk. He made me help unload his loot on Monday evening and I found some goodies; stuff he used back in his rallying days!

Photobucket
NOS Stanley lamps.

Photobucket
Cibie 2000k foglamps from the rally Levin!! There used to be 4 of these, but only this 2 and a smaller one is left now. I took these apart and washed them the very same day, and they turned out to be pretty decent; lenses still clear, only the chrome is a bit nicked.

Photobucket
I forgot what's this called, but basically it's a trip meter essential for navigation, mounted on the passenger's side of the dashboard. Crack in fascia is a simple fix.

Photobucket
4-point race harnesses! I doubt these are compliant with today's competition standards anymore, but I'm sooo hogging these for when I finally get my own S30!!

Now, if only I can get my hands on that missing set of aluminium rollcage, maybe I can retrofit it too :D

5 comments:

Russ said...

Hey, thought I commented on this post before.. must have been the crappy internet connection.. anyway, I said looks like u can get some Rallying lessons from your dad and hopefully be able to teach me a thing or 2.. :)

Hey, why so long no update??

leong soon said...

Haha, how I wish, though my dad refuses to teach me anything at all, he even stopped driving fast and crazy after he noticed I was trying to emulate him, not too long after I started driving :D

Just told me I can be faster and safer if I don't tailgate, that's all he taught me, and it'd worked pretty well for me :)

leong soon said...

Oh btw, no updates lately for the usual reasons; work, plus I've been running around quite a bit lately. No fears though, more updates coming as soon as I can squeeze some time in :D

Russ said...

yeah, tailgating can be pretty dangerous.. slipstreaming should only be attempted on a track with a familiar car in front of u, or a buddy, never on the public roads with strangers. Take it easy with work man, and all the best! :)

leong soon said...

Yep, I know and I will, thanks!

Rating