Friday, April 25, 2008

ARII Chevrolet C3 Corvette Stingray

Photobucket
Haha, I remember what I said about not buying anymore model kits before, but but but, you'll understand me if only you'd realize how sexy the Stingray is!!! Made by ARII in 1/24, details are moulded well and crisp, with the occasional managable excesses here and there, I prefer it's quality over Mr Hobby and Hasegawa!

Read more about the C3 Stingray here.

Photobucket
Very crude mockup, but it looks good. I've glued the front and rear bumpers on, no fitment problems so far :)

ARII even included 3 sets of roofs for the targa top; a pair in white, another pair in black, and lastly a transparent pair, I'll probably go with the transparent ones.

Photobucket
Bling bling! I just love the form of this car, it's so Batmobile material!

Photobucket
Doesn't look so sexy, yet, but it will be when I'm done building it!

6 comments:

Russ said...

That is sexy.. much sexier than the current Z06.. :P~ Id have a Dodge Viper anytime than a ZO6..

This remids me of a 'hotwheels' toy that my late grandpa bought me when I was a kid, of the 1986 Concept Chevrolet Corvette Indy... it was good looking back in those days.. :P

http://www.autotrend.com/Corvette_Indy.html

http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/classic_concept_cars/chevrolet_corvette_indy_concept.html

Russ said...

Gotta love the offset wheels on the Stingray.. very muscular.. :)

leong soon said...

Hehe, the Corvette Indy still looks great now. There's something timeless about fluid, flowing lines that does it for me! And 4-wheel drive, 4-wheel steering, active suspension, it must be one agile car. My favorite bit of it must be the twin-turbo 2.6 litre V8, sounds reasonable, unlike the bigger displacement engines :p

Viper over a Z06? Hell yea! The Z06 is looking increasingly dated, even more so when you compare it with the SRT10, which looks very slick with it's long bonnet! I'm pretty much in love with the C6 ZR1 Corvette though, pretty edgy :)

Russ said...

The SRT10 Viper is every man's muscle car dream. Its noisy, hot & got poor fuel economy, what else could a man ask for??? :)

The ZR1 wont be released till some time 2009 right? Wouldnt wanna mess with it tho.. if placed in the hands of a good driver, the supercharged 6.2L V-8 620hp and 600lb.-ft of torque, its no soccer mum's car by any means!

Russ said...

Damn, just seen that its gonna have 15.5" carbon ceramic brake disks as standard! *eek*

leong soon said...

I'd ask for air-conditioning and small displacement twin-turbocharged engine, preferably about 3.0L, in the name of comfort (n economy) :D

From recent car news, Chevrolet's been tinkering with the idea of a smaller displacement L4 for the new Camaro, and Ford might be following suit with the Mustang, all in order to stay relevant to the masses in the face of soaring oil prices, so who knows, we might be seeing L4 or smaller displacement pony cars in the not-so-distant future. Hardcore enthusiasts will barf, though :p

LOL, you can always go for the RENNTech 16.2 disks I mentioned earlier, but those cost a bomb (USD8000 just for the front!!). Large disks sure provide more bite, but maybe good calipers will prove to be just as efficient in killing velocity :)

Rating