Monday, February 25, 2008

Alpine A110 1600SC engine

Spent 2 Saturday afternoon hours on this:
Photobucket
Cylinder head painted Sparkling Blue instead of plain old chrome.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Shiny exhaust manifold :)

I love how the cylinder head, twin carburetors and exhaust manifolds turned out, suspension springs need work though. I might also rework the carburetor "trumpets" for a more realistic finish. The rear suspension arm and linkages is the most tricky assembly I've worked on up till now, so it was a bit frustrating and fun to work on at the same time, got it right in the end. I'm happy!! Now, if only this is real...

2 comments:

Wong C. MartiN said...

it looks so nice!!
u really have patience to paint it.
haha~

leong soon said...

Thanks! I don't usually have that much patience, but I'm inexplicably hooked to anything that has an engine. Maybe you should try it? It's quite a rewarding and satisfying hobby :)

Rating