Friday, December 7, 2007

S30 Photoshop drawing

Been having a lot of time to goof off at the office since I completed my flash animation assignments, so I fired up Photoshop and messed around again.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I found this picture of a heavily modded Fairlady Z in a forum member's signature months ago and have fallen in love with it since. While it looks pretty normal, the cosmetic mods done to it are quite substantial, actually, see the pic below of an original Z with minimal mods, and you'll get an idea what has been done to it:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
You'll notice that the black modded Z has had it's fenders cut and raised by inches, to the point that the front abosorbers won't really get much travel, I doubt it'll even be barely streetable with this ride height, crazy and impractical, and the vibrations are bound to rock your butt off, but I love it :) The ride height, not the vibration, k :p The side indicators have also been shaved off, giving it a really clean look, but again, less practicality. Apart from the fenders, what I like most is the lowered roofline, it gives the car a really low-slung and sleek profile; I think you have to be pretty short to be able to sit in the car comfortably :p

Anyway, I liked the car in the pic a lot but have failed to find any more info or pics about it on the net, so I set out to make my own rendering of it.

The result:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Looks pretty much like a modern concept car. It's still not completed; there are still some final touches to add to it, but I'm liking what I see :)

Did it all within 2 days too! Way better than the stillborn Mazdaspeed RX-8 that I started work on before Christmas last year :p

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Hope I'll get around to revive and complete it one day :)

Edit: It's complete!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Go to http://aesthari.deviantart.com/art/Custom-Nissan-S30-Fairlady-Z-71550165 to download the full size version!

6 comments:

Touge King said...

Looks like you and I are big fans of the S30 :)! Can't wait to see your final rendering!

leong soon said...

Yea, liked the car a lot since I saw it years ago, stood rooted in the middle of the road when I actually saw one in Putrajaya last year :p It was a S130, but it's still awesome :)

And oh, it's completed! I edited the post and put the link on for a full-size download :)

Russ said...

It really is a classic piece.. wouldnt mind investing in one if i had the space to keep the thing.. but ur skills r damn good... maybe we can see some of your flash skills someday too.. ;)

leong soon said...

Flash? Hehe, sadly, my flash and web design skills are still way too weak for my liking now. Maybe I'll show one of my works when I can come up with something decent :p Thanks for the encouragement :)

Russ said...

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/2007462a.jpg

This pic actually has a similar look.

leong soon said...

Hehe yea, the Vantage RS, Aston Martins are especially exotic looking. I like the DBS best, and the interior, it shouts sophistication :)

Rating