Friday, December 7, 2007

More plasticky goodness from Japan!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This arrived today! A Fujimi 1:24 Devil Z! Delivery was pretty fast at 8 days thru SAL. Don't let the crap box cover illustration put you off, the kit actually looks very good and faithful to the real car. I've been eyeing this kit for months now but have been put off by the stupid illustration cover, glad I ordered it anyway :p

I had an appointment at school today so I left office early, and got home early too, meaningI have time to put a little bit work into this kit :)

I didn't do much to the kits safe for putting on the body pieces to see if everything fits well.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Nissan S30 Fairlady Z! Looking good, mold and finish quality is a bit on the rough side, but other than that fitment is acceptable. Loved this car since I first saw it in Shutokou Battle 01 in 2003 :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The D1 spec FD3S RX-7 from Aoshima, this kit has good fitment, it's really nice!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
FC3S RX-7 Turbo II, nothing special about this car, but I just love the shape a lot :) I'm contemplating fitting it with the Devil Z's RS Watanabe rims and painting it white to create a replica of Ryosuke Takahashi's White Comet, but I already have one in 1:32 scale, so I think I'll pass.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Everything's fitting well for now, I've read stuff about how Aoshima and especially Fujimi kits have poor fitment, but all the kits I've got are ok for now, I got lucky :) I'm hoping for a nice sunny evening soon so I can start spraying the parts. I've yet to complete the Tamiya Honda Today or start on Yen's Alpine A110 1600SC too :p

8 comments:

Russ said...

looking good mate.. cant wait to see the final results especially on the z n rx7...

Russ said...

oh, btw.. great taste in cars.. ;)

leong soon said...

Wahahaha! At last! Someone approves of my choice of cars, thanks!! My friends always think I'm a bit weird for liking cars that do not even remotely resemble a new Celica or Honda Civic, or my love for the frog-like Multipla :( Even my sis dissed me about the Z and FC3s :p

Skv012a said...

Can I ask you for a small favor? Could you please measure the length and width of the Datsun and post/email them to me? I'm thinking of building up a body collection for Mini-Z's and this one would have to be a conversion, so I want to know whether it'll fit or not before I buy and gut the model. Thanks!

leong soon said...

The scale for the Z is 1/24. The body is 16cm long, 74mm wide with fenders, 45mm high. Wheelarches are 66mm apart and 30mm wide each. Hope this helps :)

Skv012a said...

Let me think, 5.6 inches long and 3 wide. I think that should work. I also came up with using legos to mount without any interferance to the original design (and I love the fact that I bought MR15 chassis rather than 02 right now). Rims should be easy to adapt and hopefully they'll hold up to the task. Then I may reinforce this babe with styrene or wire and so on and so forth. Check my blog because I'll defenetly post my work and a brief feedback about miniZ(skv012altd.blogspot.com)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

leong soon said...

Gee, thanks, Anonymous :)

Rating