Sunday, December 2, 2007

Dog Show at Yuk Choy

There is a dog show this week, instead of the usual dog training sessions I go to. I woke up late this morning, bathed, grabbed my camera, handphones, wallet, and rushed out without breakfast. Then I drove like the usual maniac I am and arrived at the training spot. Only to see that there isn't any cars there, let alone the crowd. DANG!!!! I called Yen up, Wennice answered, and reminded me that the show was at Yuk Choy primary school, I actually forgot that :p

So, after another maniacal 5 minute drive, and another 5 minute hunt for a parking spot, I finally stepped into Yuk Choy. While searching for the gang, I came upon these two Huskies and couldn't resist a shot:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I was chatting with Ivan, enjoying the show, when something furry brushed against me leg, and when I looked down, lo and behold...

WENNICE!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yo, squinty eyes are sexy ya?

Walao eh~! As if he isn't cute enough as he is, Wennice's "parents" decided that he should come in a bumblebee costume :) I suggested wire strips so that the wings can stand a bit next time.

Yen promptly snatched him away for pics :p
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The normally obedient Austen was very hyped up too; his owner was having a field day keeping him in check :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Pretty doggy!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I'm seeing lotsa wool here :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A lot of visitors came to play with Mui Mui as she's the only Maltese around, and there were impressed with her earlier performance too, it's a pity I missed it though as I was still parking my car :p

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"Come, come, pet me!!"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ivan & Gordon! A few visitors who played with Gordon commented that he'd look better with a cowboy hat :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Bunch of Chihuahuas.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Confrontation!! The Chihuahua in yellow is pretty aggresive; I saw it trying to scare off a few other pups. Pretty spunky for it's size eh?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Mui Mui is adorable, everybody likes her :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Cute pup with shoes, his name is Patrick!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yen with Mui Mui!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Cute, teeny little Chihuahuas!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
*Sniff sniff sniff*

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Patrick joining in the fun...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Cute eh? Looks just like a teddy bear!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yen took this. "These shoes are made for walking" :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
More *sniff sniff* moments!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ivan, Gordon, Mui Mui, Wennice and Yen :) And nope, Wennice wasn't spared of the jokes that she shares her name with a Chihuahua today either :p

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Rosa! She's a very beautiful Silky belonging to one of the trainers, and is really obedient! There was once her trainer made her sit and wait in front of me and Wennice (the human one), we tried biscuits and a variety of ways to make her move, but she wouldn't budge!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Kids playing with Rosa, didn't notice when she was put on a leash again. Earlier on she was allowed to run around the basketball court all on her own!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A reporter from The Star interviewing Yen :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I'm not sure what breed this dog is, but I think it's some variation of the Sheperd breed, I did hear from an instructor that he's from a Russian breed though. Looks awesomely majestic!

On our way out, we passed another cute pup in a Kimono, and it was unlucky enough to be caught by Yen for pics too!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Husky!!! So handsome!!

I couldn't find Mok, so we left without saying goodbye to him, I think he's running around snapping pics with his photographer friend again :)

9 comments:

Wong C. MartiN said...

hi~ blog hopped :)
That huge dog is a Borzoi.
It's a Russian Hunting Hound.
My fav!!

leong soon said...

So it is Russin then! Thanks for the info!

Russ said...

russin hunting hound? I was about to guess a mix between a whippet and a collie.. looks gorgeous tho..

Mui Mui looks real cute.. so u have a maltese.. ive always admired how 'balanced' and upright they are.. and really got at tricks.

The huskies look beautiful too.. good coverage as usual.. :)

leong soon said...

Hehe, you and Nicole's Boboie is cute too! My cousin sis has one just like it, awfully adorable and reminds me of teddy bears :)

"Ku-ru" said...

yooo..i wish i got a dog tooo...haihzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

leong soon said...

What? You have your Anyoung Haseyo already! Teach it do some tricks la :p

--m^tcH-- said...

yeah that's a Borzoi. It's pretty famous in Japan but very expensive. People look up upon Borzois for its strong long legs and elegance. Hehe...

Anonymous said...

Hello,nice post thanks for sharing?. I just joined and I am going to catch up by reading for a while. I hope I can join in soon.

leong soon said...

Haha, I'm not sure what you meant by just joined in, but I'm glad you liked reading it :)

Rating